What could be better than stone cooked barbecue artisan pizza? Add the addition of slow cooked pulled pork, goat cheese, mozzarella and bourbon caramelized bell pepper and red onion.
With temperatures rising and in need of a quick meal on the barbecue this pizza recipe fits perfectly. The slow cooker pulled pork can be made up in advance and reserved for future uses, including this delicious combination that will have you coming back for more!
The pizzas are easy to assemble and quick to cook once the pulled pork has been prepared in advance. It will be an instant hit with your friends and family on your patio as the sun is setting. The mixture of tangy barbecue sauce and creamy goat cheese with the crunch of the crisp dough is heavenly.
Sit back and enjoy with a nice cold beer or a nice glass of red wine.
A tantalizing combination of flavour and soon to be your go to summer barbecue dish.
- Prepared Artisan Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cup of prepared Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 red bell pepper - cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red onion - sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- Place baking stone on the grill. Light the barbecue and have flame on medium heat. Heat until approximately 400 degrees F
- On the stove place sliced onions and bell pepper in a pan and saute with olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add the bourbon and reduce the liquid down.
- Remove the peppers and onions from stove and set aside.
- Divide the prepared pizza dough in half.
- Roll out each half to be approximately 12 inches in diameter. For easy transport gently fold in 1/2 and then another 1/2 to make into quarters.
- Lightly flour the baking stone.
- Unfold the pizza dough and place on the hot baking stone carefully.
- Spread 1/2 of the barbecue sauce on the pizza dough with a silicon brush.
- Place 1/2 the remaining ingredients on top - onion and pepper mixture, pulled pork, mozzarella, goat cheese.
- Shut barbecue lid and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes closely watching until crust is lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from heat and repeat pizza construction steps for the 2nd pizza.
- Cut serve and enjoy.
Once pizzas are baked - Extinguish the barbecue flame and leave lid open to allow the baking stone to cool completely before removing to clean.